GivingTuesday aims for a world in which the power of generosity is at the heart of the society we all create together, promoting dignity and equality around the world.
Amimoni participates for the third time in the World Generosity Day with a focus on Early Intervention for children up to 6 years old with vision problems.
200,000,000 children worldwide do not reach their developmental potential in the first 5 years of life.
The main causes include:
- the lack of stimuli,
- the insufficient interaction with their caregivers/parents and
- poor health conditions
The Early Intervention program
This is the only educational Early Intervention Program in Greece for infants and children with visual impairments from birth to the age of 6, which is provided at home and has been operating since 2004. The program contributes to enhancing the child’s stimuli with vision problems and in the emotional connection with the parents, in order to develop his abilities to the maximum extent possible.
The main goal of the Program is:
- To support the child holistically – synesthetically, developmentally, educationally and psychologically – in order to utilize his existing potential and conquer their own peak
- To support the family in order to achieve the essential involvement of the parents in the development of the child, the strengthening of their relationship with their child and the promotion of their social inclusion.
Help us travel even more kilometers of care for children!
- Support us by donating to amimoni.gr
- Share the message by sharing our action through social media with hashtags: #amimoni #EarlyIntervention #GivingTuesday #GivingTuesday2022