email@example.com, +30 210 6036000, Pikermiou 79, 19009, Pikermi
This is the first and only house in Greece, built specifically for housing people with visual impairments and additional disabilities (MDVI) for life, so that they can live in a beautiful, properly designed space, when their parents are unable to provide for them the care they need.
The goal of the program is the daily care of people and the maintenance of their skills to ensure a quality of life in their difficult daily life.
- The lifelong provision of a family environment with safe living and development conditions for its occupants &
- The essential contribution to the social integration of disability by presenting and accepting the everyday life of a Shelter as a different but equal way of life.
It has been operating since 2012 and accommodates 7 adults with MDVI.
The “Lilian Voudouri” Foundation secured the purchase of the building and part of the renovation.
The life of the residents of the Residence is based on two main axes:
- In the daily monitoring of the educational – therapeutic activities at the Iris Day Center of Amimoni, which emphasises on personalized and continuous training for the acquisition and maintenance of skills, such as communication, orientation and mobility, personal hygiene, semi-autonomous feeding.
- In the continuation of all the above in the Residence, where the desired socialization is achieved through individual and group activities.
The training and care of the seven guests is a demanding task on a continuous basis that requires dedication and spirit from those who offer it. Specialized support staff work every day to meet the increased needs of our children.
- Scientific Officer – psychologist
- 6 Special trainers – caregivers
- 1 Physiotherapist
- 2 domestic helpers
- 1 Driver